Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 5 + 10: How's Your Leg Pit?

The moral of this posting is that it is simply too hot to think.  

I had an inkling of what I was up against when I stepped outside to do some early morning watering today and the shaded patio thermometer was hanging just shy of 85.  Ugh.

I knew again when I showered, dressed and then redressed a short time later because I was already wet (note:  at this point I seriously considered breaking out the 'Anti Monkey Butt' for a quick, drying dust).

Yet another reminder---getting my daughter out the door to school involved a 'cross-my-heart-pledge' that I would deliver popsicles during lunch recess (and I did). Two classrooms worth of very happy kids greeted me .

But the final 'sum-it-up-moment' came when I picked my son up from school and it was hanging at a comfy 103 or so.  As we walked home, he started unbuttoning his shirt frantically and then he said, "mommy, I am so hot that my leg pits are dripping wet".  Enough said!  It is just too hot to think tonight.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Leg pits...I love it!