Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 1: Full Heart, Tired Body, & Raring to Go!

Incredible, amazing, emotional, wonderful, warm, tasty, touching, windy---all descriptions of my day today. 
  • Beginning with the wall of kid-made posters wrapping the fences of Northwood School when we arrived today, a "hip,hip,hooray" chant from Room 4, 1st grade and a banner  splitting send off by Mr. Adams' 2nd grade class;
  • to the slew of people that 'just showed up' along our route for a hug and/or a few blocks of walking (did you guys plan that?);
  • to a sparkling wine break overlooking Carneros and a picture perfect lunch provide by one of my son's classmates mothers at Acacia Winery;
  • to a temperate, dry, oh-so-hospitable walking weather day;
  • to the grandma and husband at home,  loving my kids as they experience all of this;
  • to a friend's precious family medallion that was slid into my backpack to carry  and insure a safe journey;
  • to a new friend, just met today that walked the whole 17+ miles with us;
  • to the delicious steamed mussel dinner we just shared with an old friend in Sonoma;
  • to the call I just received from my 'missing kayak guy' wanting to ferry us across the Petaluma River...
My heart is oh so full!  After a day like today, it is no wonder to me why I survived my cancer journey--life is simply too good and the people that touch my life are a foundation for living it to the fullest.  You are all, everyone of you, so special to me.  Thank you for making this adventure possible!

And yes, my body knows I walked a long way today,  but my spirit is raring to go again tomorrow.

1 comment:

PhatAss said...

You are inspiration personified!
Go Kari Go!!!