Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 5: The Walton's

Nineteen for breakfast leaves me wondering what life at the Walton's home was like on a daily basis!?

My morning walking waking ritual completed (a listen of 'California Stars' and a yoga moment to unwind my hips and quads), I joined the rising bodies after a search for a tub of my mom's homemade granola that I have been focused on for the last four days. Breakfast burritos by Shanna, coffee cake by Laura, fruit salad, 'Ellie's' energy bars and barista quality coffee by Anissa, kefir from Kelly round out yet another amazing food spread.

Kiddos climb their 'Lori gym' and take turns bouncing from one momma lap to another---each providing a snuggle; Anissa delivers my David coffee in bed, Calem reads me riddles (what to you get when you cross a bell and a bat?*) and Emilia gives me a back rub. As all this happens around me, I have to bite my lip to stop the happy tears from rolling out of my eyes. These shrieks of joy and family comfort are clear reminders of the multitude of blessings that have been the rock solid foundation of my last five years and the five day adventure that comes to a close today.

* a Dingbat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS KARI-Bryson and I (along with a brother or two) have been keeping with your blog! Each morning I have to read it out loud to find out what adventure you went through. Lisa and Bryson Chaudhary

Anonymous said...

Well done!! I look forward to hearing how the final stretch went. It sounds like such an awesome journey!

What a small world this is...I saw on another post a comment from Jyl Gershen-Lewis, who I also know - wow! First we bump into each other at the Blue Lizard tent not too long ago and now we have a mutual friend (insert Twilight Zone music).

Anyhow, I'm *really* proud of you!!!

You'll have to tell your dad I was just thinking of him a few weeks ago (before I got your 5-5-5 email), as I recently helped take our first grade Brownie troop on a camping trip and I thought of our poor dads on that long-ago Camp Fire camping trip...the story I got is that your dad said "never again!". :)

Looking forward to hearing about the home stretch!!

Nancy (Winger) Haarberg

Seana said...

I opened my groggy eyes this morning, dragged my body out of bed, and rousted two grumpy and tired kids. But, as we piled in the car to return to real life after our "Kari-Adventure" I felt such a peace from having been a part of this inspiring journey. A little fatigue was well worth the experience our family had in sharing with Kari, her family and our extended community of friends the celebration of a life that was much too bright to not go on. Cancer didn't know who it was messing with when it decided to pick on Kari!

So Kari, see you at Alston this afternoon :)?
- Seana